I thought I would start this journal off by introducing myself. So here are a few facts about myself:
- I love travel. I like road tripping or taking the train, but I love flying the most. I just really like airports.
- I have WAY too many books. Like, stacks and stacks. Sometimes I just go to the book store to see what I can add to my "collection", not because I need a new book to read.
- I collect vintage Botanical reference books and encyclopedias, and apothecary bottles. I am fascinated by early science.
- I studied History at UC Berkeley. I fell in love with research and libraries there.
- I married my best friend and biggest fan. He loves plants and flowers just as much as I do.
- I like to support our local farmers.
- My favorite thing to do with my free time is peruse thrift shops for unique flower vases.
- I have a small cutting garden, which one day I hope will magically turn into a working flower farm.
- I have been a florist for over 12 years and counting. When I was 16, my first job was assisting and making hand bouquets for a bucket stand just steps away from my house.
- I grew up in San Clemente, Ca., and my family still lives there. I am definitely a beach baby.
- I LOVE CHIHUAHUAS. So much.
- My daily affirmation is "Commitment is of Interest to the Great Creator." by Julia Cameron, my favorite author.
Well that's enough about me. I am excited to share more of my personal and floral musings with you.
Photos by: Loveridge Photography